If you want a smile that’s your crowning glory, you may need a crown to cover a tooth to help restore it to its normal shape and size. We offer in office, same day, tooth colored crowns.
A dental crown, or cap, is a restoration that can be used for a number of purposes. One of the most common uses of dental crowns are to restore a tooth that is significantly damaged or decayed. The crown is custom made to fit over the entire tooth, starting at the gum line, in order to restore the tooth to its original shape and size. Dental crowns can be made of gold, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal; porcelain crowns are popular because they match the natural color and appearance of your teeth.
Dental crowns can be used for a number of restorative and aesthetic purposes, including:
- Times when a dental filling will not provide a successful restoration
- To support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
- To strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weakened
- To anchor and attach a dental bridge
- To protect a tooth following root canal treatment
- To cover and complete a dental implant
- To enhance the beauty of your smile
- To improve a misshapen tooth